Inspiration for the motion picture streaming on Pure Flix!
Drawing on her thirty years' experience practicing pediatric and adolescent medicine, teen health expert Dr. Meg Meeker explains why an active father figure is maybe the single most important factor in a young woman's development. In this invaluable guide, Meeker shows how a father can be both counsel and protector for his daughter as she grows into a spiritually and mentally strong young woman.
From cradling his newborn to walking her down the aisle, a father must relish his paramount responsibility—guiding the course of his daughter’s life. Meeker reveals
• how a man can become a "strong father"
• how a father's guidance influences every part of a woman's life, from her self-respect to her perspective on drugs, alcohol, and sex
• how to lay down ground rules that are respected without creating distance in your relationship with your daughter
• why you need to be your daughter's hero
• the mistakes most fathers make and their serious consequences
• how to help daughters make their own good decisions and avoid disastrous mistakes
• how a father's faith will influence his daughter's spiritual development
• how to get through to you daughter, even during her toughest don't-talk-to-me years
• true stories of daughters who were on the wrong path—and how their fathers helped to bring them back
Learn how to grow, strengthen, or rebuild your relationship with your daughter to better both your life and hers in the bestselling Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know.
Not sure why a book on parenting needs a homophobic rant 15 pages in. Looking at the chapter titles I’m glad I am done reading this garbage.15
Well worth the time no matter how old your daughters are and the multitude of examples make it easy to visualize the past, present and future.55
It’s a cheat sheet for fathers. It’s a must read.55
As a father of 4 daughters (and 2 sons) I am constantly trying to ensure I am “doing it right” - but I feel like I fail more than I succeed. A friend recommended this book to me, and I could not put it down once i was in. I have been trying to practice these lessons, and learn from past mistakes. Every father should read this.55
Chapter one is about how to monitor and guide your daughter through her sexual formative years . It’s gross and distrusting. The basis of connection with your daughter shouldn’t be shame and fear , or even an over investment in her sexuality/ virginity .25