This handbook should become a constant companion of all boys 13 years old and above. It provides information and advice to Senior Scouts and young men.
Senior Scouting is:
• A dynamic program for teenagers done largely in the outdoors in small groups called crews and which supplements the learning experiences in the home, school, and church.
• Self-education aimed at the acquisition of knowledge and the development of right values, attitudes, skills, and habits through outdoor, social, service, and vocational activities.
• Development of good personal and public relations.
• Undertaking challenging activities and man-size responsibilities along pathways that make the long journey to responsible manhood full of fun and excitement.
• Working together with other teenagers under the guidance of an adult, called the Outfit Advisor, to plan and carry out many exciting activities, participating in the conduct of their own affairs, and taking an active role in whatever they agree to do.
• AND MORE...